Sunday, March 18, 2007

I Neva Lose!!!

Hello Friends,

In third grade we had this art contest to see who could color a picture of this famous saxophonists....well...saxophone.

Criteria:
1.Stay inside the lines.

2.Choose a lovely shade of yellow that will show off the instruments luster.

3.Write your name on the picture to be identified.

I remember spending a good 15 minutes on this task choosing my crayon and shading the picture in correctly with pristine accuracy. Needless to say, I didn't win. I was hugely, yes hugely disappointed. I remember seeing the kid who won eating his obnoxiously decorated cupcake and pretty much wanting to drop-kick him in the face and devour his trophy.

The same year I remember being pretty proud of a softball throw that went pretty far until Matt Sloan and Marty Simon shattered my dream and made me an alternate in the softball throw come field day. Matt, Marty and I have a healthy relationship these days but I still curse there athleticism secretly.

My point is that so many times in my life I've come short of victory. I've know for sometime now that my general being screams "Winner" but I still long for the pureness of a hard fought victory.

Last Tuesday night that day arrived(If you'd like to play a certain Queen song at this point in this reading feel free).

Millers Ale House hosted there weekly trivia night last tuesday and my team(displaced gamecocks) was victorious. I know it's just trivia, but how often does one feel like a true champion in life. I mean we completed against 10 other teams or so, won an actual prize and got to have our picture taken with Alphonzo Ribeiro(Ok the last part I made up, but it was still pretty awesome).

To give you a taste here is one of our questions:

Name four out of five most popular female disney characters recently tabulated from a survey on family fued.

I'll give you a couple more seconds...

1. Cinderella
2. Snow White
3. Tinkerbelle
4. Airelle(Little Mermaid)
5. Minnie Mouse

I hope to defend my title in the coming weeks, until that time if you see me walking with a certain strut or swagger you now know why.

reveling in all that is being #1

Will

9 comments:

Erynn said...

I won a poster contest in third grade. I drew a picture of Smokey the Bear and received a $50 savings bond. It should be worth like $32 by now.

Mazletoff

Eric McCoy said...

I've never won anything.

Andrew Stewart said...

i knew you could do it, you represent the horeb globally with your knowledge that is only surpassed by your strikingly good looks

Lauren's Eating Clean Plan said...

I won a world map from the mall once.Then I'd win the color contests at teh roller rink so much that they banned me...what kinda school does that? I was like 9!

Troy said...

I remember a similar coloring contest where I won third place. The picture was a french horn with 4 hands coming in from each side of the paper overlapping it. I thought I was special because I used colored pencils instead of crayons. There was a big ceremony at Columbia Mall and I think my mom still has pictures of me proudly displaying my coloring skills. I remember that the winner had represented a different race for each one of the hands, whereas mine were all varying shades of white.

Unknown said...

All those years of coming so close but not quite making the win made the joy of this victory even sweeter. Glad you have a blog.

Anonymous said...

you are definitely the most popular blogger i know. i am jealous of your comments...

Laura Troutman said...

No, Will.... I NEVALOSEKA!!!!

Rachel said...

yeah you are a quite popular blogger. I only hope to be like 1/3 of you one day!