Monday, May 14, 2007

Are you with me?

I enjoy people. Whether it's a good friend, best friend, buddy, pal, homie, arch nemisis, whatever the case might be, I grasp the cup of fellowship tightly and pour it's liquid contents down the throat, into my belly.( I'm pretty sure I took that to far)

I have a problem though. There is the point of tension when eye contact is met and greetings occur. Sometimes I don't know whether to do the classic handshake, the warm embrace, bump fists, the hip urban hand shake or curtsy. At times I feel like the handshake makes me feel boring and like I'm not hip enough to pull off anything more, but when I try fist bump or urban hand shake I think "Am I really fly enough to pull this off". The answer is yes babies, but that's beside the point.

I come to you today with a proposition. My sister Laura introduced me some months ago an alternative greeting that I find meets the needs of both the freshest of cats and the friends who prefer the more classic approach. It's simple, brilliant if you will and easy to learn. People we got ta go...

UP TOP!

It's basically the high five, which by itself is nothing special, but for whatever reason, when you add the forementioned phrase, it becomes something glorious. Raise it high, slap that five, trust me people, you won't regret it.

So in light of Laura's inspiration I declare today Monday May 14th the day we all go...

UP TOP!

2 comments:

Andrew Stewart said...

haha indeed the UP TOP! factor takes it to the level of awesomeness

Anonymous said...

i need you in my life! come back to the carolina!