Thursday, July 12, 2007

Smells...

This concept struck me yesterday and thought I would share it. Have you guys ever noticed random smells that are completely out of context? For instance at our church there is a initial door that leads to the mens bathroom followed by a second door that actually allows you into the facility. Now in that tight pre bathroom area there is the distinct smell of rancid BO. Why, I have no clue. Once you enter the bathroom the smell goes away it's just in that small pre bathroom corridor where the stench lives. Everybody knows bathroom smells but this is different, It baffles me. I have formed some of the following theories:

1. There is a homeless man who resides in the drop ceiling directly over the pre bathroom corridor.

2. There is a hidden secret passage way that leads you to the nearest nursing home.

3. A scorcerer has put a BO enchantment on our churches pre bathroom corridor.

4. Men at our church smell like rotten chili.

I know this isn't the most pleasant blog to read, but I'm sure many of you have experienced the random out of context smell phenomenon and hopefully your story is of the more pleasant of smells. Feel free to comment if you can relate.

Will

2 comments:

Sarah Troutman said...

I had forgotten about your "smells" blog and was pleasantly surprised to be able to read it for myself. I like all of your genius imaginative theories. #3 is my particular fav. ;)

Eric McCoy said...

Is there a rug/mat in this "pre bathroom"? If so, it may have been wet and now has a permanent BO problem. OR Wade left some fish or shrimp from Furman up in the ceiling tiles.