Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hiatus Ova!!

I can't believe that the last post was almost over 2 months ago. The idea behind the merging was that between the two of us a more consistent pattern would form. Mmmm...maybe it will take time.

The primary goal of this blog is just to catch up and fill you in on the latest in the life of the Troutmans. As most of you know, we are now living in Columbia, South Carolina. Will is about two-three months into the 2-3 year process of getting his masters degree in clinical counseling. His time so far at CIU has been absolutely tremendous. Not only does he totally dig what he's studying, but he's meeting great people in the process. The program is amazing.

We have been blessed beyond measure to be able to stay with Will's parents while we get settled, and I look for work. Living with parents is never ideal nor is it natural, but when I say it's been a blessing I truly mean that. We wouldn't be where we are right now if they hadn't, through Christ, poured out their generosity and love to us. You are loved.

While this season is amazing and there is a peace about the whole thing, it has been difficult at times. I don't adjust well to change and change has been a constant over these few months. I've been faithfully seeking work, but I haven't stumbled upon the one God has for us yet. This hasn't been easy and Satan has definitely used this to try to speak lies into my head. I've been so low at times that I've given into them from time to time, but I know that I know that this is all in God's timing. There is such peace in that.

I've had the joy while not working, to be involved in Will's studies. He takes a class at home on how to study the Bible. The chance to able to sit and learn with him is a blessing, and I know I'll look back on these times fondly when the job God has for me will take it's place.

Will took me to the zoo/bontanical gardens about at the end of September. They are amazing!!! We had such an great time. We got to go to a football game. Go Gamecocks! I think we went to the best game of the season so far. We celebrated Will's birthday at the end of September via the previously mentioned game and a dinner out with the fam. Remember those stylin glasses Will wanted. He got em for his birthday! We celebrated my birthday at the end of October. I got to go on a little shopping spree and was treated to a lovely dinner out with the fam as well.








I know this has been a little bits here and there, but it's an idea on where we are.

When you think of us, please pray for my job situation and for the patience while we wait. Pray for Will as he continues adjusting to school.

Our dear sister returns to the states for a 2 month furlough. She arrives in 4 days, and we are all about to pee our pants with excitement. Pray for her safe travels.

If you're in the Columbia area, and we haven't hung out yet, we need to!!



Love you,
Will and Sarah

No comments: