Hello friends of me. A lot has been going on lately. Here are some details. It's late and sentences are hard, so bear with me.
Two weeks ago I spent some time in my home town of Cola SC. Time at home is always relaxing and to close out the week I decided I'd travel to Charlotte to see my good friends Rhett and Kara Davis before traveling north to see my woman. For those of you who know me well you know that my steed is the Taurus, aka "The Company Car". Family sedans have been quite the trend for me over the years seeing as I kept inheriting my dad's cars which all have been some form of a Taurus/Sable. The company car was my grandad's vehicle which coincidentally was also a Ford Taurus. After my grandad's passing my uncle sold it to me for 3000 bucks which was a good deal at the time. The CC was a comfortable ride and once owning it I tricked it out with a deck and some speakers that would put the bass.....in ya face. I put about 80,000 miles on it, so needless to say, I got my moneys worth and then some.
Now back to the trip...
As I traveled north that Thursday June 14th I noticed that I was running a little hot....the Taurus that is, ohhhh!!!
Little hot turned to a lot hot and CC said "No mas". I was stranded on the Great Falls exit of I77 and fortunately had some highway patrolmen help me find a garage to tow it to. The guy who towed me was a 24 hour towing service/garage. His name was Varnadore and his communication style sounded something like this:
"Well Will it ookslikeawondaygofindstayon like you're gonna have to replace a head gasket, sayyougonfindonegoneover, yeah, thats pretty bad."
Talking to him was an exercise in reading between the lines. Wonderfully nice man, very helpful and reasonablly priced service. With that said, I don't think he's going to be narrating any audio books anytime soon.
From there my awesome Dad, Ron P. Troutman came and picked me up. After some thinking and conversation, we decided to drive straight to the Honda dealership to see if they had any Civic's on the lot, seeing that the Taurus's fate was sealed. Amazingly enough they had an EX Coupe on the lot in the color I liked with all the options I wanted. From there we test drove then I watched my dad work these salesmen over with the Troutman hammer of awesome, which my father wields like no other. I'd like to say that we did some good cop bad cop routine, but really it was all my fathers brilliance that got me such a good deal. Thank you Dad.
The next day I drove my new ride up to great falls and sold my former ride for a whoping 200 dollars. I think at that point I just wanted it off my hands.
Yes people, it's true. The company car is no more.
So if you're eating dinner, or out for drinks with friends, I ask you to raise a glass and toast all that was my white stallion.
Taurus's Nevalose,
Will
P.S. Tune in for my next blog where I chronicle my first road trip in my new silver steed which has yet to be named. Sarah(The girlfriend) say's it's a male car, so if you have any suggestions please feel free to comment. I'm already considering Xavier, but I'm open to suggestions.
2 comments:
well while i was out with my girls i felt the blogging vibe and whipped out my blackberry and read it and we raised a toast to the new civic. will that is ridiculous!! but i look forward to your blogs and they make me literally "LOL" so blog mas veces!!!!!! that is ... more times!!
Sarah was awesome. I want us to be able to hang out, so she needs to definitely move from Virginia to somewhere closer. Plan another outing!
Post a Comment