Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Baumer = really good.

How does one define good? Viewpoints can be so subjective. For instance I recently saw the movie "3:10 to Yuma" and thought it was a quality film. It had a compelling story, engaging action, good writing, excellent acting and yet still I met someone who thought it was awful. I guess you can always find someone who will disagree with just about anything you have an opinion on and that's when you write them off completely as a valid source for anything of taste. I know, you love me.

Every once in awhile something comes along that defies needing any explanation of quality.

Last Thursday night Sarah and I saw a group of my friends play a rock show in Atlanta at the Masquerade. Their band is Baumer just in case you were confused by my subject line and they are an outfit that prides themselves in an explosion of drums, bass, guitar and synth, that will leave you wanting to create dance moves that you have no business doing.

There are many adjectives that I would use to describe why I really like this band. Some would say that I'm biased because they're my friends, but frankly for me to compose a blog like this and it to be based on friendship, would be insulting to the molten talent that these men possess.

So come March look no further than Itunes to experience what I believe to be good.....Baumer.

Check out there myspace for a preview

BAUMER Myspace

Godbless ya, thank ya,

Will

No comments: