Monday, March 28, 2011

Three Years??

Hey, everybody. I know I never gave you all a cleanse wrap up blog. I'm done and not still drinking lemonade and eating nothing. It was a good thing all in all. I think I would almost like to do mini-cleanses throughout the year. Like a 3-5 day every month or something. We'll see.

Well, Will and I just returned from three glorious days in Charleston. Oh, how glorious they were! I had to wake up this morning to the darkness and the rain. I wanted to call in sick. I didn't.

Well, I won't bore you with every detail of our trip. Only a few highlights. My wonderful parents booked us two nights in their timeshare on East Bay (same place we celebrated our honeymoon 3 yrs. ago). There was some confusion, however, and it was supposed to be for Thursday night as well. I had taken off work for Th. and Fri. and we found ourselves with no palce to stay for Th. But, with a great lead from a friend, we found ourselves only shelling out a cool 50 or so at the Red Roof Inn in Mt. Pleasant. It was a fun adventure and it really made us appreciate our suite in Charleston!

We got Will the raddest shoes of all time!


And me some cuties!


Picked up some cute stationary...


We ate our first French macaroons...raspberry and chocolate. Wow. I mean, I've been wanting to try them for probably 6 months now and it was well worth the wait. The lady there even handed out warm chocolate and sea salt cookies. We'd just had gelato next door but couldn't possibly say no. That would have been rude, and that's just not our style. We took our bag of macaroons to go and enjoyed them later on for dessert that evening. If your in Charleston check out the "Macaroon Boutique". Mmmmm....

We took a walking Ghost Tour, ate at Bocci's, dined at a friend's family restaurant, Chucktown Tavern
, took some pictures, walked and just thoroughly enjoyed being with each other in such an amazing environment.
I could take another 10,000 blogs to speak of the amazing that is my husband. Reflecting over the last three years, I am amazed that I could have this much more love for Will than I did the day we were married. I didn't think it was possible then to love him more, but it has increased greatly. While in Alpharetta, I saw him work hard at a job he didn't really love, and through that prayerfully consider a move, going back to school and a complete career change.


With faith, he led us to Columbia where he did all of the above and in less than two months, he will have his masters in clinical counseling and begin his career in the field. He has worked INCREDIBLY hard. His grades have been impressive and he has done so well at his internship. Bragging much? You bet I am.

I'm so grateful that Will has allowed God to work through him and strengthen him throughout this process. I can only give Him the glory for where we are now, both as a couple, location, vocation, etc. Will has been a willing vessel. He has been stretched and his faith has been tested with so many uncertainties and unknown territory, but the Lord has proven faithful.

Okay, I'll wrap up now.

3 comments:

Erynn said...

You guys are ridiculous in your adorableness. I feel sad that I haven't done a better job of keeping up, especially now that you're back in Cola town.
Crazily, I could take the last two paragraphs of this post, change Will's name to Leo, and it would pretty much be the exact same as our story.
The end is in sight! What's Will going to be doing after graduation? Is he going to get his license?

Will and Sarah said...

Hey Erynn! Sorry it took so long to respond. I'm goin gto work at First Pres counseling center in downtown Columbia and yes, I will get my licence :) Is Leo doing the same thing?

Erynn said...

Hey,
I would email you instead of filling your blog comments section, but I don't think I have your email address anymore. Yes. Leo graduates from Liberty with his MA in Clinical counseling on Saturday!!! License is next. He's working as an intensive in home counselor for an organization called Hope Services in Raleigh. He'll stay with them after graduation, but be promoted to team leader once he gets his license.
Let's hang the next time we're in Camden or you come through to VA.