Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 9

Day 9, guys! Wowza! I'm feeling good today in terms of hunger and what not, but the nights are always more difficult anyways. I was in a hurry last night and slipped a couple of laxative pills as opposed to the tea. I know it is harsher on the system, but I didn't have time to steep the tea and wait and sip it. So I did the next best thing.


Was up early with the cramping and the nausea and running to the bathroom clutching my stomach. I'm kind of ready for that part to be over. Everyone who knows me knows I love me a good potty time seeing as how I have tendencies to be constipated for no good reason, but I'm ready to not be waking up to what feels like being sick.

Didn't have time to make my lemonade at home, so I toted my ingredients to work in my nifty Trader Joe's bag. I was creative with what I was given. I cut my lemons with a plastic knife and squeezed the lemons into an empty coffee pot and then poured into my nalgene. It worked and our break room now has a wonderful lemon smell. There is one stubborn lemon seed stuck to the bottom of the coffee pot. I'll work on that later.

I was reading what to do if you "slipped" and ate on the cleanse. I had that little chip slip and while I've been cooking will taste the minutest of bites for flavor checks...I think I'm okay. I don't think I've shot myself in the foot this entire time. I've done this thing. Last day is tomorrow.

I know tonight I'll definitely wish we could go out for dinner or bring in chinese or something, so another weekend with no food is going to be a challenge for sure. I won't eat solid food again until Tuesday. So....its "technically" over tomorrow but not eating for another 3 and a half days.


Definitely losing weight and feeling good. I'm gaining better perspective on food and health and how I want to eat once the cleanse is over. With an ankle and foot that can go into an athletic shoe again, I'm ready for the gym, some weights and some machines. I am not well enough yet for group fitness, but Will and I are excited about the prospects and results from weight lifting.

2 comments:

mr_chompers said...

Do you guys lift together? I tried to get Agust to come to Kettlebells with me, but he went once and said nuh-uh, too intense, hahaha.

He goes to the normal gym now on his own, but I feel like it's a missed opportunity to workout together.

Will and Sarah said...

Hey...I know this is a late response, but we do workout together more now. Pre-ankle injury, I was cardio group fitness girl and he did elipticals and weights at the same place, but now while still on the mend, I think we are going to go the route of more weight lifting together and some cardio. Supposed to get better results, so we'll see!