Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Master Cleanse Take Two

Hey y’all (I’m embracing my southern ways)!! How is everyone doing out there in blogville? I’ve seen better days. It really has been such a tumultuous 2011 thus far. I travelled to Richmond, VA two weekends in a row, once with Will and once without. The first trip was to see my Maw Maw one more time before she went home to be with Jesus (which I KNOW is where she is right now) and the second trip was for the funeral. I missed almost a week in those travels but so worth being with family and celebrating the life of my amazing grandmother.

Upon returning, I was looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I hadn’t been active for almost two weeks, and travelling and eating on the road wherever you can and whenever you can takes its toll on the body and mind. Monday was upon me and so was my glorious Body Step class. I was so motivated, so ready! I did great for about 25 minutes until my feet, legs and mind all decided to do something totally different and resulted in me crashing to the floor. I clutched my already swelling ankle and knew this wasn’t good.

So, here I sit two weeks later with a badly sprained ankle, still no workouts under my belt and am now suffering from one of the worst “cricks” or muscle abnormality in my neck EVER. Since my ankle is still bruised and painful, Will and I had decided we could lift weights while my ankle heals and do some core stuff. I guess I’ll push that back a little longer and give my neck time to heal. Bother. Sigh.

All this sitting around and eating less than perfect foods for a stagnate body has left me feeling unhealthy and blah. And then I had an idea!
I wanted to do a cleanse in January, but got sick and decided not to do it while ill, but what a perfect time this could be. While I’m not doing much, I could do a cleanse!! Brilliant! Now, for those of you who aren’t familiar with The Master Cleanse, let me bring you up to speed quickly.
Here are the basics:



You don’t eat any solid foods for 10 days

You drink 6-12 glasses of a combination of water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper

You take laxative teas or salt water flushes twice a day

3 days of easing in and out of the cleanse to prepare body for less and more

And there you have it! My life for the next 15 or so days. As you can see intense cardio would be quite difficult on such a diet. I’m on day two of the ease in and will start my cleanse on Thursday. Am I nervous? Ummm, YES! I tried this about 1 and ½ years ago and was sick at the time and only made it like 2 days. It’s tough, but as my wise husband would say, “Short term negative, long term positive”.

Our old pal, Bobo, who cleansed with us 2 years ago!

My goal is to blog daily on what I experience. I’ll try not to be too graphic but I just need support for this. Letting the masses know what I’m preparing to do is like accountability to the extreme. I feel like if I fail, it would be letting everyone down. So, I need all of you in this with me. You can eat your burger, pizza, salad or what not in front of me…that’s okay. Just no Thai!

I bid adieu to you all and hopefully I’ll post something on Thursday.
Love and healthy systems to all!
Sarah

No comments: