I wanted to blog today. I realize that this whole blogging thing doesn't happen very often, but here is what I'm willing to do, I'm willing to commit one blog a week to you, my peeps. I feel like sometimes I do better when I have a deadline. Unfortunately I have nothing to back that up with, seeing as my college career would do everything to discount that statement. Still, I nevalose.
Secondly, I look forward to the return of Captain Awesome. She has been overseas for over a year now doing mission work in the country of Slovakia. Her calling and her work have been incredibly rewarding, but I can't help think about the sacrifices CA has made, namely friends, family and maybe the biggest in her mind right now, FOOD.
So in honor of the awesome one I will now name the foods that I would miss greatly being in a foreign country.
Cornbread Dressing
Hibachi Fillet Minion
Sweet Tea
Groucho's Deli Sandwiches (which I already miss seeing as I now live in the ATL)
Chicken Salad
Anything Chick-Fil-a
Sour Patch Kids
Bacon Turkey Bravo Sandwiches
Anything off my fathers grill
Have no fear Captain, your return is only a matter of days.
Will
P.S. For those of you reading my blog who don't know of the news, Laura's name is now offically Captain Awesome. I reminded her of this recently and she reminded me that this is what I'm to refer to her as, from now until eternity. I imagine most of you can continue calling her Laura, she just holds me to specific standards that only apply to the Captains brother.
1 comment:
There should be a special presentation for the Captain. Maybe we could wear coordinated oil stained jeans while "walking it out" or something like that. That would be neat.
Post a Comment