Sunday, March 23, 2008

Let me just say...

I wanted to write today to clarify thoughts on and in regard to my last blog. I used a good bit of hyperbole and exaggeration to articulate the risk you take in going off the wedding registry for a gift. What I didn't talk about is where there is risk there is also potential reward. For example, Deirdra a coworker at the school I work for got us these cool decorative bottles that totally fit our style and taste. Did she exactly know what our taste or style was? No, she did not, but that is where the reward of taking that chance comes in. She gave us something off the registry that was very memorable and a surprise, unlike anything else we'd register for.

Another example is our friend's Jackie and Eric. They got us a silver serving tray that is unique in the fact that it's nice us enough to be decorative, but also practical enough to go in the oven. She used her own personal experience with her wedding to try to best meet our needs and in the process fell into the same category as Deirdra with a very personal and memorable gift.

With all that said, Sarah and I are very thankful for all the generosity that's been shown to us in this season of our lives. Please don't take our humorous adventures as being ungrateful. We love you all and look forward to Saturday and the culmination of all these past few months.

Will

P.S. Behold what reward these ladies bring!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's exactly why Gary and I went in with a few other couples from Shandon and got you that all-expense paid trip to ____________!

Plus, behind door #2 you will find one of the most unusual but sought after items called a _____________!

Love to all!

Anonymous said...

http://www.keepinupjoneses.blogspot.com/

Check it out for some awesome Wilhelm news!