I come from a family of worriers. My granddad used to make a living on "worrying" about all of his kids and grandkids. I'm sure that these comments were tempered with love and prayer, but interestingly enough it's something I've always struggled with. More times than I'd like to admit, I'd stew about something, over think it, consider all the possibilities, to when the moment comes, I completely psych myself out.
Where is all this going you ask? It just happens to be a perfect lead in to my favorite verse from scripture...
"Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all He's done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything you can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6-7 NLT
This verse helps me trust that God is sovereign and that no matter what choice I make, or what potential outcome might come to fruition, He has my best interests in mind.
Snacks and treats are tasty. They bring fun-times and brief energy. They rot my teeth and expand my belly, but who can resist? Here are a few of my favs...

The perfect compliment to a sandwich. Chicken salad or turkey and ham on honey wheat, whatever your sandwich of choice might be, you can't go wrong with the BBQ frito.

Some like chocolate, but I like sour. Sourpatch kids are the Godfather of the sour candy world. If I go to a motion picture establishment, you will most likely find me with these.
Honorable mention- The chewy gobstopper. My most recent find and while it's not nearly as sour as the patchkid, it bursts with flavor in every bite.
I said burst.
I'm a gamer. Video gamer to be exact. I think there is a gene passed on to most males. They either have it or they don't. In my case, I got it bad. Here are some of my top games...
It all began here. Halo "Combat Evolved". This game spawned two sequels a real time strategy game called "Halo Wars" and a soon to be released off shoot of Halo 3 called ODST(I know, I know, TMI). There are many factors that go into the quality of a game these days. Story-line, replayability, and the ever popular online multiplayer factor. While the story is good, the top honor goes to this game for the multiplayer aspect, which has given my friend Rhett and I hours of extreme fun.

With all that said, my top honor for storyline and for being utterly compelling goes to "Bioshock". It's hard to sum up all the reasons I love this game, so I'll go to the experts. Here are some reviews...
"To call this game simply a first-person shooter, a game that successfully fuses gameplay and narrative, is really doing it a disservice. This game is a beacon. It's one of those monumental experiences you'll never forget, and the benchmark against which games for years to come will, and indeed must, be measured."
"BioShock isn't simply another first-person shooter; no, it's much much more. It's a game that begs to be played, will keep you glued to your seat like an epic page-turning science fiction novel, and will leave you utterly speechless until the final moments of your lengthy stay in the enigmatic underwater city of Rapture."
Simply, This game is SICK as my musician friends would say.
Well, there you have it, you now know some things about me that give me joy and make me tap dance. Have a tremendous day and I'll see ya tomorrow!
Will
No comments:
Post a Comment