Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 1

Whoever said that the first day of the cleanse would be filled with thoughts of ease and cleanse domination was right! I feel amazing! I can do this. No problem...I am clinging to this feeling with a death grip. I know there will be days ahead where I'll want to punch random strangers in the knees and eat my way through all the contents of our refrigerator, so, yeah, I'm remembering this feeling.

Look at that crazy...energy!

If you recall from last cleanse the worst part was the awful burning sensation that the cayenne ingredient brought. That was bad; read bad. But...I read that you can put the cayenne in a capsule and just swallow one with your 8-10 ounce servings. I bought little capsules last night and filled them with cayenne.

I woke up this morning and cut my lemons poured them into my two nalgenes and then put some of my "grade B" maple syrup in there and filled the rest with water. I then toted that junk along with my cayenne capsules to work. I settled into my little nook at work and nervously uncapped the top of my nalgene. I didn’t know what to expect. Would it be nasty, okay or shockingly tasty? So, I tip it back, sip it and what do you know...it was...shockingly tasty! I've already had 16 ounces, and I'm about to drink some more.

One empty and another on the way!

Now...I am doing something that isn't recommended on the cleanse and that is drinking any caffeine. I am having 1 cup of coffee in the morning. That can't possibly kill all benefits of the cleanse. I'm not looking to wean myself off of caffeine. I'm perfectly okay with my daily need of the stuff, so any savvy cleansers out there, back off!

Day 1, guys....there you have it. I will drink some of my "smooth move" tea tonight. Yes, that's the name. Hopefully it will do its job. ;)

More details to come tomorrow. Master cleanser out!

3 comments:

mr_chompers said...

I tried not eating once. It lasted one meal.

scott williamson said...

Sarah, while you're seated and enjoying the "fruits" of the tea, why don't you write some songs and let's make a record.

Will and Sarah said...

Scott, Sarah's husband here, do you ever offer pro bono production? ;)